Start here... we have all the answers!
We get it, signing your kids up for a new activity can be a very big commitment. Heart & Soul believes that research and planning are very important when picking the right studio for your family. So we’ve provided the answers to all of our most frequently asked questions right here!
Don’t see an answer to one of your questions? Call us at (520)818-7974 or stop by either location.
My child has never done dance/gymnastics. Will that be a problem for class at Heart & Soul?
Not at all! The Heart & Soul program is designed for children to be able to build a strong foundation in dance and gymnastics and is perfect for kids new to these activities. Our goal is to help children develop life-long confidence in their abilities and a love for fitness.
If you are unsure of where to start, talk to us! We will get your child into the best fit class for their age group and experience level. Keep in mind that it is a lot harder to move your child down a class than it is to move them up.
Are Heart & Soul gymnastics and dance classes run by sessions?
Nope! One of the best things about Heart & Soul is that we run tuition on a month-to-month basis. Tuition is processed on the first of every month, allowing us to be flexible with class times and types.
If we join class after the 1st, will we be charged for the full month of tuition?
No, your tuition will be prorated for the class days left in that month. Tuition will be charged the day of your child’s first class.
What are your facilities like?
The cleanest! We pride ourselves on providing top quality experience for our families, and that means that both facilities are professionally cleaned 7 days a week. On top of that, our teachers clean throughout the day ensuring that each class experiences the best version of the gym. Better yet, we have complimentary wifi and an awesome AC system so you can get the most out of class, too!
Wait...but there are two locations! Are they the same place?
Yes, both locations are owned by Heart & Soul! Our gymnastics location (Oro Valley) is at 8363 N. Oracle Road and our dance location (Central) is located at 5741 N. Oracle Road. If you ever have a question about where your class is, give us a call at 520-818-7974.
Can you tell me about tuition and fees?
- Both Tuition and the registration fee are due upon enrollment. Tuition is automatically prorated according to the next date your child’s class is held.
- Tuition is automatically processed on the first of every month. A valid credit or debit card is required for registration and must be kept on file. You are welcome to pay with cash or a check before the 1st so that the card will not be charged.
- All students are automatically enrolled each month. To withdrawal your child from class proper drop procedures must be followed before the end of the month.
- Tuition is set at a fixed rate, some months your child will receive 5 classes at no extra charge and some months due to holidays you may receive 3 classes. Throughout a calendar year classes even themselves out.
Here is the nitty-gritty on our tuition policy:
- Tuition is set up on an automatic payment system to be processed the 1st of every month. On the 1st the debit/credit card on file will be charged.
- Alternative payment methods are available. If you would prefer to pay by cash or check please make sure that payment is delivered to the front desk at either location by the last day of the month. A card still must be on file if you choose to use either of these methods. If cash or check is not received, tuition will be processed to that card on the 1st.
- If a check is returned, we will charge the card on file the full tuition amount plus a $25 returned check fee.
- Late payment: If we are unable to run the card on file on the 1st and have not received payment by cash or check there will be a 5 day grace period to contact us with a new card or pay with cash or check. After that 5 day grace period a $10.00 late fee will be added every week payment is not received.
Monthly Class Fees Gymnastics:
Length Of Class 1 Class Per Week Additional Classes/Students 30 Minute Class $52.00/month $46.80/month 45 Minute Class $65.00/month $58.50/month 1 Hour Class $74.00/month $66.60/month 1.5 Hour Class $83.00/month $74.70/month
Monthly Class Fees Dance:
Length Of Class 1 Class Per Week Additional Classes/Students 30 Minute Class $48.00/month $43.20/month 45 Minute Class $61.00/month $54.90/month 1 Hour Class $70.00/month $63.00/month 1.5 Hour Class $79.00/month $71.10/month
Do you have a registration fee?
No, we have an annual membership fee charged when your child joins the studio. It is $30 for the first child, $20 for the second, and $10 for each child after. The membership fee charges annually on the anniversary month your child joined.
Do you offer a discount?
If you refer a family to Heart & Soul you will both receive a $10 credit as our way of saying thanks for expanding our community!
Families with multiple children enrolled in class, or a child enrolled in multiple classes will automatically receive 10% off each additional class.
First responders, military, and teachers receive 10% off class. Please let us know when you register so we can set it up in the system.
Great! How do we register?
- You can register online, in person, or by phone. Once your child is registered they will be automatically re-enrolled for the same class on the same day/time every month unless we receive a completed drop request form. To register a valid credit/debit card is required.
- Registration requires the following:
- Completed registration form done online or over the phone: Completion of Waiver and Release online; Acknowledgement of Policies and Procedures;
- Credit/Debit Card Information & Authorization
Annual Registration Fee and Tuition for the first month paid in full.
Help! My child is signed up for class but I don’t know what they need to wear.
Gymnastics: A leotard or well fitted athletic attire like bike shorts and a t-shirt is appropriate for class. Children will always be barefoot! Please make sure hair is up out of the face and that jewelry and loose clothing are not worn.
Dance: There is a specific uniform required for each class, please see your class description or speak with a member of our staff to make sure you have the proper attire.
*No jewelry. Hair must be pulled tightly away from the face. No gum*
We have to miss class. Are makeups available?
For gymnastics, makeups must be done in an open gym session. Dance makeups can be done in classes based upon availability or in an open gym.
Here is the nitty-gritty on our make up policy:
- Makeups for the same type and length of class are not guaranteed.
- Please do your best to attend the makeup class! We cannot schedule a makeup for a makeup.
- Makeups are limited to one a month per child.
- You must be currently enrolled in a class to participate in a makeup.
What if I need to withdraw my child from class?
We’re sad to see you go, but we understand that things come up. To withdrawal from class, you will need to fill out a drop request form and turn it into the front desk at either location or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the date you submit your drop request will be the final date for your child’s class and remaining tuition for the month with not be refunded. Click here for the drop request form.
You will receive a confirmation email once your drop request is processed. If you do not see one in your inbox within 24 hours please follow up with a phone call.
Tuition is processed on the first of the month so please make sure your drop request is submitted at least 24 hours before the 30th/31st to ensure it will be recorded.
Where can I get a drop request form?
- Drop forms are available at the front office
- You may download the drop request form by clicking here.
Where do I turn in the completed drop request form?
- You may turn the completed form to our front desk staff
- You may e-mail the drop form to email@example.com
- You will receive a drop confirmation e-mail once the drop is processed. If you do not receive this e-mail within 24 hours please call to follow up.
Some of our most important general policies can be found here! (And you should read ‘em.)
- For safety reasons, students are not allowed on the gym/dance floor or equipment before or after class. When class is over, the students must leave the training area.
- Parents may observe their child in class but MUST stay in the viewing area.
- Our insurance does not allow parents and non-registered students in the training area. No parents or non-gymnasts/dancers are allowed on the floor or in dance room. Please keep your other children off the floor and equipment at all times. Heart & Soul accepts no responsibility and liability for accidents or injuries, which occur to anyone not enrolled in classes.
- No food or drinks are allowed on or near the floor. No shoes or/and gum is permitted on the gym or dance floor.
- Communicating with students during class is a distraction to everyone and should be avoided for safety reasons.
- You are responsible for dropping off and picking up your student on time as there is no supervision before or after the end of the class.
Heart & Soul Refund Policy:
- Tuition pays for your child’s spot in class regardless of attendance.
- No refunds or credits will be given after fees for that month have been processed.
- There will be no refunds, credits, or makeup classes given for gym closings for holidays and inclement weather.
- Events: Fees are due upon registration and there will be no refunds given for no-shows or cancellations. We plan our events around the number of children we have enrolled.
Do you host birthday parties?
We love hosting birthdays! We have four slots available every weekend and they tend to fill up fast so give us a call at 520-818-7974 to find out more info and book your party!
What about day camps?
If there is a school closure, we have a camp! All of our camps are themed and planned out by our amazing events coordinator. Head over to our events page to find the perfect camp for your children!